Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Sandra Bullock Needs Reinventing

Yesterday, Sandra Bullock got her star on the Walk Of Fame ("awarded" is too strong of a word- the star ceremony is paid for by someone sponsoring the recipient or the recipient herself, just FYI) In a couple press clips, Sandra said she didn’t want to do any more of the typical girl-next-door-romantic-comedy roles. “I don’t do anything anymore that feels safe,” Bullock said in an interview. “If it doesn’t scare the crap out of you, then you’re not doing the right thing.” (as told to MSNBC)


After taking two years off, Sandra has a new movie out, “Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous” Not much of a stretch. Later in the year, she will play the frumpy “To Kill a Mockingbird” author Harper Lee.

What does Bullock need to change her career path? I think first off, she needs to make her public persona a little less than angelic. Have a scandal, girl! If she’s not already attached, she should hook up with someone like Lenny Kravitz for a while. Just be seen on a few dates with someone who is not necessarily the boy next door.

She needs a new look, and new hair. Sandra has such a plain average face, she could pull off just about anything with her hair. Maybe a different color even. I wonder if she’s considered being a redhead? She needs to have some more dramatic makeup too perhaps. Try to shake off that "average" look a bit.

Also, it wouldn’t hurt for her to maybe go to an acting workshop and learn something new. Not saying she’s awful, but Sandra is just Sandra. She needs to break out of herself more. Maybe learn how to pull off a villain. Do some theater, portray someone like Medea or Lady MacBeth.
Heck, maybe she’d go for the role I’m writing right now; Nora, the introverted artist who has some psychological problems. Well, she needs to do a lot of Medea first before I’d hire her.

Good luck, Sandra.

1 Comments:

Blogger Roy said...

She needs "reinventing"? I'd say that's being very generous. I was dragged into see Miss Congeniallity 2. I was afraid it would be as bad as Miss Congeniallity 1. I was wrong. It was really, really bad! Sure, the writing was lousy, but her acting only made it worse. I'm glad I went light on the popcorn butter or my stomach wouldn't have been able to hold it.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home