Tuesday, January 31, 2006

An Actor to keep your eye on..


Neil Hopkins
Originally uploaded by candy.
I have a hunch that Neil Hopkins will hit it big in Hollywood. Maybe I'm biased because he can do a dead-on (yet, over the top) Christopher Walken impression.

I first saw Neil when a guy named Phil Zlotyrinski sent me a tape of a short film he directed called "Walkentalk" Neil was the star of this short. Later, Phil directed "My Big Fat Independent Movie" and Neil has another spot as a Lanky (Christopher Walken-speak) Guy.

But, I was very impressed to find out that I had just seen him a couple nights ago in "Lost" He was in a flashback sequence as Liam, a British drugged out musician, Charlie's brother on the show. Not only can he do a great Walken impression, he did a very good British accent as well. I didn't recognize him, but his eyes looked familiar. Now I see he is cast in another TV show called "Big Love" (where Bill Paxton plays a guy with three wives)

According to Neil's bio on IMDB, he's only 28 years old, so he has lots of time to develop his talent. With only a few credits to his name, my instinct says he stands out from the rest and that he will go far. I secretly hope that Chris Walken's wife Georgianne sees him and casts him in "Entourage". Good Luck, Neil.

2 Comments:

Blogger Candy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Candy said...

here is Neil's website. Good stuff!
http://www.neilhopkins.info

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home