Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pink Eye


Pink Eye
Originally uploaded by candy.
I am always thankful the internet is available during my child-raising years.

Yesterday, Ethan got sent home from preschool because it was apparent that he had pink eye. I was a bit horrified and embarassed that I had sent my child to school and hadn't even noticed his eyes. Jonathan often has red itchy eyes this time of year, and I knew Ethan has the same allergies as his dad. I thought nothing of it.

We took Ethan to the doctor, and she confirmed that it is conjunctivitis. She prescribed him some eye drops and some over-the-counter medications for his allergies. What she didn't tell us is that the allergic type of conjunctivitis is different than the infections type. A big difference. One is contageous and the other isn't! It does appear that Ethan has the allergic type, but we will be washing our hands frequently and keeping him home from school, just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home