Sunday, May 22, 2005

The Next Jim Carrey


Chalky face
Originally uploaded by candy.
I wonder if, somewhere on the five-year-old milestone chart, between "is self sufficient at mealtime" and "understands concepts of time" , there is a place where it says "does impressions." Or, do I have the next big comedian on my hands?

Today, Ethan talked to his grandmother over the phone. Mid conversation, he said, "hold on, Grandma, daddy wants to talk to you" and in his deepest voice, he said "hellooo this is daddy."

Of course, his impression didn't quite pass, but Grandma acted fooled for a moment, then she said, "I don't think this is daddy, I think it's Ethan" giggles ensued.

Moments later, he interrupted the conversation again saying, "Here's Adam" and did his best 2-year-old jargon. Then, it was Gypsy our cat and meowing in between more giggles. Then, things really got silly as Grandma got to talk to his big toe, which apparently sounds like smacking lips, according to Ethan's impression.

Well, maybe one day, our little man-of-a-thousand-voices will grow up and buy me a beach house with my own private lagoon. You never can tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home