Thursday, July 21, 2005

Meeting Duran Duran


Simon with tamborine
Originally uploaded by candy.
A 23 year long dream of mine has finally come true. I have gone to two Duran Duran concerts in the last 4 days; one in Memphis and one here in Charlotte. Last night, after the Charlotte show, a girl had bid on an amnesty international fundraiser where she got to go meet the band. They liked her so much they told her where they were staying. So, she tipped us off and we headed to the hotel. Sure enough, as I was coming out of the ladies room, John Taylor came into the lobby. He seemed to want to see his fans. The atmosphere was very comfortable, but it didn't feel appropriate to ask for autographs or photos, so no one did. Then, I turned to go use my cell phone and there was Simon LeBon. I said "Hi Simon" and he came over and hugged me! I think he remembered me from Memphis as I was right in front. Simon asked where there was a bar open and I told him I'd find out if Village Tavern was still open so I walked up to get the info from the concierge, then Roger Taylor came off the elevator and I introduced myself! Well, there were no bars open in the area (it was after midnight and Charlotte is lame) so the tour manager asked if they'd open the hotel bar for us, which they did. Simon, John and Roger hung out with us for quite a while. Not a single photo was taken and no autographs were given, just some people hanging out and chatting. ( I wish I had a photo as a souvenier, but at least there were witnesses. LOL) What a wonderful experience! I didn't get to meet Nick Rhodes or Andy Taylor, but I'll take what I can get. I can finally turn another page in my life's story. Now if only I could meet Paul McCartney I'd be all set. LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home