Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Perfect Match... My Michigan Trip


Rehersal II
Originally uploaded by candy.
Someday when my brother Keith and his new wife Francesca have kids, they can tell them the story of how a bizarre coincidence actually brought them together.

At first, Keith's friend tried to set up Keith with Francesca for a blind date. Keith was out of town and unable to get back and had no cell phone service, so Francesca had shown up for the date only to be stood up. A while later, Keith went into his favorite tanning salon for a tan and met a sweet little blonde working there. They chatted and flirted. Then, the blonde looked down at the sign-in sheet and instantly recognized his name "You stood me up!!"
Keith begged her to give him another chance and she did and the rest is history.
I was very proud to be Keith's witness and "best man" for this ceremony. The boys and I traveled by car to Michigan, taking two days each way. We stayed with Keith and Franceca at their new house for some of the trip (which is awesome by the way!) and stayed at my in-laws for the other part of the trip, we got to see lots of family from both sides. It was great fun.
The wedding was beautiful, the ceremony taking place in Fenton at a park gazebo and the reception at an indoor banquet facility. I couldn't help but shed a tear when I gave a toast to the happy couple, they are just so great together and I know they're in it for the long haul. Congrats to Keith and Francesca!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home